RTMA Celebrates National Apprenticeship Week
The Rochester Technology and Manufacturing Association is celebrating National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) for the week of November 14 through November 19, 2022. The RTMA is the greater Rochester and Finger Lakes regional sponsor of the New York State Apprenticeship Program and co-founded the Finger Lakes Youth Apprenticeship Program (FLYAP).
Under the RTMA’s regional sponsorship, more than 30 companies have registered nearly 200 local apprentices in more than a dozen fields; including CNC Machinist, Electromechanical Technician, Tool Maker, Industrial Manufacturing Technician and more. The RTMA also partners with Monroe Community College on FLYAP which is in its fourth school year. To date, more than nearly 500 students across the region have participated in job shadows and/or paid co-ops at more than 100 businesses.
National Apprenticeship Week events include:
- NAW features on the RTMA’s Social Media (Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn),
- Special feature in the Rochester Business Journal which includes a four-page insert featuring ROC With Your Hands and Apprenticeship Programs,
- Kick-Off Press Conference at Edison Tech High School in Rochester with partners in workforce development, education and government,
- Career Fairs and Exploration Events at Edison Tech High School, Churchville-Chili Middle School and the Greece Central School District,
- Apprenticeship and Workforce Development segment on WBTA Radio in Batavia, and
- Educator’s Day in partnership with UNiCON Rochester at the Bricklayer’s Union.
To learn more about the RTMA’s Apprenticeship Programs, visit https://www.rtma.org/apprenticeship/ or contact the RTMA at email@example.com or (585) 510-6557.
RTMA Receives Apprenticeship Ambassador Distinction from the United States Department of Labor
RTMA Receives Apprenticeship Ambassador Distinction from the United States Department of Labor Rochester – The Rochester Technology and Manufacturing Association (RTMA) announced it has received the distinction of Apprenticeship Ambassador from the United States Department of Labor (US DOL). The…
Manufacturing Educators’ Day
The Rochester Technology and Manufacturing Association in conjunction with the Finger Lakes Youth Apprenticeship Program on March 29, 2023 hosted the first-ever Manufacturing Educators’ Day at Monroe Community College. The event attracted nearly 100 teachers, guidance counselors and administrators from…
AME class at BOCES celebrates ‘signing day’
Provided photo: front row from left include Brayden Flynn (Roy-Hart), Peter Kieffer (Newfane), Tim Goerss (Newfane), Vincent Molisani (Albion), Diamond Chandler (Lockport), Conner Dietz (Lockport) and Evan Pease (Lockport). Back row include Tyler Chandler (Roy-Hart), Zack Walker (Roy-Hart), Jaiden Just…